A wnaiff y Gweinidog roi'r wybodaeth ddiweddaraf am sut y bydd y £500,000 ychwanegol o gyllid ar gyfer diffibrilwyr a gyhoeddwyd ar 15 Medi yn cael ei weinyddu a phryd y bydd ar gael?
With the £500,000 additional funding I announced, the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust and Save a Life Cymru are working in partnership to purchase nearly 500 defibrillators. Community groups and organisations will be able to apply to obtain a device and the application form will be available shortly; however any group or organisation can register their interest in being sent an application form by emailing: Savealifecymru@wales.nhs.uk.
Any organisation wishing to apply will be asked to meet a number of access criteria. These include confirmation that:
- There is currently no defibrillator within 500m of the proposed site;
- The organisation purchases or fundraises for a heated defibrillator cabinet and which will be installed on an external wall in an area which is accessible 24/7;
- There should be an electricity supply so that the defibrillator is maintained at the right temperature, to prevent the battery and pads from deteriorating;
- The defibrillator will be available for public use 24/7;
- The organisation will register the defibrillator on The Circuit database;
- They will appoint a defibrillator guardian (for regular maintenance) and
- Awareness sessions on CPR/defibrillation skills are held for individuals involved in the organisation/group.